Banglalion Communications Limited is the largest 4G Wireless Broadband service provider of Bangladesh in terms of coverage, subscriber number and revenue.
- Banglalion was incorporated on September 05, 2008 as a private limited company.
- Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) awarded the Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) operator license to Banglalion on November 18, 2008.
- Banglalion became a public limited company on May 07, 2011.
- Banglalion is planning to be listed with Dhaka & Chittagong Stock Exchange by mid of 2012.
- The Authorized capital of Banglalion is BDT 5 (Five) billion, as of June 2011.
- As of June 2011, the total investment in Banglalion is more than BDT 4.5 billion.
As of September 2011, Banglalion has a total workforce of more than 600 employees.
Banglalion Corporate Headquarter is located at Gulshan, Dhaka.
Major Shareholdings of Banglalion is as follows:
|Shareholders||Number of Shares||Number of Shareholders||% of Total|
|Other Shareholders(In person)||900,000||6||2.28|
|Board of Directors:|
|Major (Retd.) Abdul Mannan||Chairman|
|Brig Gen (Retd.) Khaled A Karim||Director|
|Umme Kulsum Mannan||Director|
Banglalion operates a wireless 4G mobile data network based on IEEE 802.16e standard of ITU which is popularly known as WiMAX technology under a BWA license awarded by Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC).
Banglalion launched it service initially in key areas of Dhaka in January 2010 to provide high-speed wireless broadband internet service to the home and business users of those areas. At present Banglalion network is spread across 7 divisional headquarters and more than 30 major districts of the country. Banglalion management projects that by the end of 2012 the network will expand to Upozila level to cover the rural population of the country. At present Banglalion network includes more than 600 base stations.
In addition to basic high-speed internet connectivity, Banglalion is planning to gradually launch new, innovative and useful Value Added Services like IP Telephony, IP PBX, IP Surveillance, E-Health, E-Entertainment etc.
Zero Coupon Bond
Banglalion Communications Limited is pleased to announce that it has received permission from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to raise capital of BDT 130.00 crore (Private Placement).